Monday, October 14, 2013
Why it's been a week since my last post
My apologies for the recent silence around this here blog. Just so that we're up to date for when I attempt to get back to posting tomorrow, here's what has happened since my last post:
1. Isabel turned one! (Woohoo! That merits its own post, certainly, but not tonight.)
2. The police chased a stolen car in our car, which was parked in front of our house. Everyone's okay, except our car, which incurred $3500 worth of damage and currently resides elsewhere while we tool about town in a sweet silvery rented Chrysler, which Elijah refers to as our "new car". Hopefully he won't be too sad when our old car makes its triumphant return.
3. Kurt and I went away for the weekend (actually, for 24 hours, but it was still awesome) thanks to the generosity of my mom, who watched the kids, and our friends Katie and Kenny, who let us use their lovely cabin.
4. The kids had their 1 and 3 year check-ups, respectively, and Elijah is tall, skinny and brave, and Isabel is teeny and even braver.
5. That's all I can think of. Which, looking at the list, is quite a lot for one little week. Whew.
Here's hoping this week is slightly less eventful, and more bloggy posty. See you tomorrow.
at 10:46 PM